10 HTML tricks to improve mail delivery
When planning our Email Marketing campaign , one of the main concerns we have is its deliver ability . That is, the quality that an email has to successfully reach the recipient’s inbox. This includes a set of techniques that ensure that our emails reach our contacts … And land in your inbox and not in the spam, without our messages appear also as lost or rebound.
Among other factors, the deliver ability depends largely on the HTML that supports the email sent , so here are some tips that we should keep in mind when adjusting our code:
- We have to take into account the HTML standards . A good way to do this is to use validators like validator.w3.org
- Closing and nesting HTML tags is a must for the email to be displayed and correctly addressed to the recipient.
- Tags before HTML 4.01 are deprecated , so avoid it at all costs.
- In order for the anti-SPAM filters to not think that the content of the email has been taken directly from a web page and blocked, do not use iframes, plugins, etc.
- It is advisable to have the images under the same domain as the sender , so the filters will see that those external links are consistent with the one that sends them.
- If you use tools to make your HTML, delete your references in the file.
- The title tag has to be completed and it would be advisable to use the same subject that you use for the email.
- Get the text to be displayed correctly and do not use equal tones between background and text. Use high contrasts and you will not have anything to hide.
- Finally, you can see the list of tests of Spam Assassin , a well-known filter in which you can do searches of the keyword within the HTML in the page.
If you take into account these tricks, the delivery of your emails will be strengthened and its effectiveness will be greater.